Your skin is the foundation of your beauty, and therefore, before you do anything else, it’s very important to take care of its health and appearance…
With the proper skin care products it’s possible to invigorate your complexion into near flawlessness, but before you can do that…
…you need to determine your skin type, as each one has its own special needs.
Figuring out your skin type is easy, here’s how…
First wash your face with a facial cleanser and pat it dry.
Wait for three hours without moisturizing or putting anything else on your face.
Then press a separate piece of tissue paper onto each of your cheeks, nose and forehead.
1. <strong>normal skin</strong> if no oil or flaky residue appears on the tissues and your skin does not feel tight or dry.
2. <strong>dry skin</strong> if no oil appears on the tissues but your skin does feel tight or dry or is flaky.
3. <strong>oily skin</strong> if oil appears on the tissues used on all of the facial areas.
4. <strong>combination skin</strong> if oil appears on the tissue from the nose and forehead but not the cheeks.
5. <strong>sensitive skin</strong> if your skin feels tight and has adverse reactions (redness, inflammation, itchiness) to some skin care products.
These are the 5 basic skin types. Determine which one you have and select your skin care regimen and cosmetic products accordingly.
It’s important to note that your skin type may change with changes in climate, weather, and your age.
And therefore, from time to time, it may be necessary to alter your regiment accordingly.